Soldotna Historical Museum features a wildlife museum and historic log village. Among the log buildings is the last territorial school built in 1958. A restoration of the Lee Homestead cabin which was the first Soldotna Post Office can be seen on its original location on Corral Street, close to Soldotna Elementary School. This building as of 2008, has been accepted on the roster of the National Register of Historic Places. Soldotna Historical Society & Museum, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the early history of this homestead area.